Saturday, November 11, 2006

The Good Stuff

This post has 2 parts, because the first part didn't warrant it's own post. I figured I could subtly drop it in here, and no one would be too upset with me. If you are, then, tough.

1st: This Here. If anyone is wondering what I want for Christmas 2007 (and you know you are), or perhaps my birthday, 2008, this is right at the tippy-top of the list. I know I've always been a bit of a dork, but this gave me the most severe nerdgasm in recorded history, so I think I've now lost any semblance of cool that I may have ever had. But I don't care-it's love: real, nerdy, CGI enhanced love. Get it for me.

2nd: The saturday movie.

I happened to walk through the living room the other night, which is not all that rare an occurance, and there was a B-grade western from the 1930s/1940s playing on the tv. I didn't catch the name, or really notice anything about the plot, but it doesn't matter. What matters is, the man who played the stoic, sedate cowboy hero: I knew this man from somewhere. I sat down, and wracked my brain for about 10 minutes, and then it hit me. I recognized this dude, and after some checking, I found that my keen powers of observation were spot-on.



This man, this calm, collected, seemingly SOBER cowboy was.......





Ralph.

Ralph from Reefer Madness. Ralph, the manic-depressive, murderous, legally insane, fan of up-tempo piano music and perpetual toker of (apparently laced) devil weed. As you can imagine, I couldn't suspend my belief enough to buy him as a cowboy, but it gave me a good, hearty chuckle.

I took this as a sign that I HAVE to post Reefer Madness today. As I've stated before, I love Reefer Madness almost as much as I love air, water, and shelter. It is a thing of beauty, and a joy forever, and if there were a church devoted to the worship of this fine motion picture, I would be their most loyal, psychotically Tom Cruise-esque member. It's insanely overdramatic, the acting is atrocious, and it ain't too believable(HA!)-it's perfect. My only beef with Reefer Madness, is that it's not long enough. I hope and pray that one day they find some extra footage of it, and they can use it to whip up something longer than all of the Lord of the Rings movies combined-I'd sell my own mother for a copy.

If you've never seen it, shame on you. Watch it now, and save yourself from my scorn.