Monday, November 13, 2006

Meme 2:Electric Boogaloo


After doing that little questionaire thing the other day, and bitching about it, I was poking around the interweb, and I found a movie meme. Well, since no one was telling me to do it, I found myself WANTING to do it. Besides, it's easier for me to answer movie related questions than it is to answer questions about myself-you don't need to know what I'm afraid of, but you do need to know the name of the last movie I watched: that logic makes sense in my warped mind, anyway. My only problem with doing this, is that I change my mind a lot, so I'm going to have to control myself, so that I don't go back and change things on #8-don't let me do it.

I don't know where I got this meme from, so if you recognize it, tell me who made it, and I will credit them.

Ahem.

1. Total number of movies you've seen: Are you fucking KIDDING me?

2. Total number of films you own on DVD and video: 200-300

3. Last movie you saw in the theater: Hmmm, I think Saw 2, before that, the last movie I went to see was Titanic-I laughed my ass off, too. I don't like going to the movies-too many stupid people around that feel they have to provide commentary.

4. Last film you bought: Bought 2 at the same time- Little Fish (which I have yet to watch) and the Evil Dead II Special Edition.

5. Last film you watched: You really wanna know? I watched A Christmas Story with Harper: she'd never seen it.

6.The last movie you saw that made you cry: The Chronicles of Narnia. Yes, I'm a big, giant baby-are you happy now?

7. Movie that everyone else loved that you couldn't stand: The only one that comes to mind is V for Vendetta, but "couldn't stand" is too harsh-"didn't care for" is more apt. I blame Natalie Portman.

8. Five films that you watch a lot or that mean a lot to you (in no particular order) : See, this is a tricky question. If I really love a movie, I won't watch it over and over again, because when I do that I get tired of it and don't want to watch it any more. Since it's "OR that mean a lot to you", I guess I'll list those, even though "mean a lot to you" makes it sound like it has to have some great signifigance, like I relate to it, or I had a big epiphany due to the message. Most of the movies I like don't HAVE meaning, they just exist and they entertain me. Hell, here's five movies that I liked a whole LOT-that's not too tricky:

Withnail and I. I first saw this movie when I was around 14 years old. I remember liking it ok, but at 14, I couldn't fully appreciate it and it wasn't one of my favorites. I watched it again last week. Oh. My. God. This movie is made of %110 pure awesomeness. Richard E. Grant + drunken pretentious foppishness=Perfection.

The Interview. I first saw this over 5 years ago, watched it many times since then, and I'm STILL trying to figure out whether or not the lead dude (played by my husband, Hugo) actually killed anyone or he was just faking. If you haven't seen it, watch it, and tell me if YOU think he did it, because I have no idea.

Jaws. Jaws is my comfort movie. Whenever I'm depressed, or pissed, or sick, I whip out the ol' DVD and have myself a viewing. It's not so much the plot, and it doesn't scare me (except when that head comes bobbing out from under the boat-that's a little awkward), it's mainly Robert Shaw as Quint, who is my most favorite character EVAH. He's all grizzled and weird and funny and I love the hell out of him.

Serenity. I'm not a big science fiction fan. There's a few movies that I like that would be classified as such, but I don't actively seek out movies that are defined as sf. As a matter of fact, I avoid that section of the video store like the plague. However, it's a known fact that I AM a big Joss Whedon fan, and I was a big Firefly fan before it was so unceremoniously cancelled, so therefore, it's a given that I would like this movie, even if it did make me cry like a hungry, angry baby (a couple of folks die that I was rather fond of-that's my biggest beef with Joss Whedon:he kills off almost all of his most likeable characters. Bastard.)

Ed Wood. I've said before why I liked Ed Wood, but the most important thing of all, and something I neglected to mention when I made a post about it, is that it just makes me happy. Just, HAPPY. Really. Happy.

9. If you could be any character portrayed in a movie, who would it be? Either Tura Satana in Faster Pussycat! Kill, Kill! or Rosalind Russell in Auntie Mame. Yes, I'm a bit of an odd duck-was that ever up for debate?

10. People I'm tagging: You know what? I think this time I will tag someone. Oh Jenner.........