Monday, October 16, 2006

Top 40 Countdown

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was gallivanting around the internet last night, looking for an interesting list (yes, in case you were wondering, I actually DO go around searching for them) and I came across This Here.

What that there is, is a list of the top forty uses of pop music in film. Their main criteria, was that the music be something that had already been released, in other words, not something that had been performed expressly for the film. That doesn't matter really, but I can dig that kind of anal-retentive approach to list making. Also, they get bonus points for utilizing You Tube: if a list entry had a corresponding clip available, they posted it.

That's not to say that I'm completely enamoured with the list: they had 10 Things I Hate About You on there, not once, but TWICE. I don't have anything against 10TIHAY particularly, but I can think of 2 film/music moments better than those, right off the top of my head. Then again, they did have Harold and Maude and Manhunter (two of the best movies EVER) on there, so I can't hate them just for that.

However, since I watched all the clips they posted, I now have the second half of this song in my head. I CAN and WILL hate them for THIS.




Bullz-Eye