Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Oh. My. God.


When I read this, I choked on my Diet Sprite, and sprayed it all over my moniter, keyboard and lap. I wept with joy, and between the tears and Sprite, I can't be sure, but I may have even peed my pants a little bit.

Rockers the Pixies have made a dramatic U-turn and are set to begin work on their first album in 15 years early next year. The band reformed in 2004 for a lucrative world tour after splitting in 1991, when the relationship between Black Francis and Kim Deal broke down.
Earlier this year, Black said he had ditched plans to record new material because the songs he'd composed lacked the feel of authentic Pixies tracks.
But he now says, "We're rehearsing in January. I know we like playing and everyone likes touring together, so to keep doing that and not record anything is kind of like being a country fair band. We don't want to do that, so the only thing we can do is become a vital band again."


Starpulse

Am I going to post some Pixies songs to go along with this awesome story of forgiveness and maturity? Bet your ass.







EDIT: And by request, Debaser. I swear, there's just no pleasing some people.......