Saturday, September 23, 2006

Double Feature Picture Show

I hit a bit of an impasse while looking for a film to post today. Allow me to explain.

I had every intention of presenting some obscure piece of dreck. I was in the mood for it, and some of the more discerning (persnickety) readers (not naming any names, but it rhymes with Ghandi) of this blog want something they don't already own.

In the middle of looking for celluloid garbage, I remembered seeing a certain film from Google posted on another site. I. Love. This. Movie. I had forgotten about it being on Google, because it's not listed among the public domain films, probably because to the best of my knowledge, it isn't IN the public domain. So, I could be breaking some kind of copyright laws by posting it, but I WANT IT ON MY BLOG. What is it? Here's a hint: "Kla-", no, that's too easy. Just watch it. (If you need another hint, all I will say is that it's a great movie, and I had it on that list of "50 movies to see before you die" I posted a couple of weeks ago. So if you haven't seen it, you should watch it in case you kick off in the next few days-you never know.)

But........Since I'm a woman of the people, I'm going to post a SECOND film, one that would seem to fit the very definition of "Garbage". Your second feature is called "Sex Madness". I have not seen this movie before, but read this:

This is a typical sex exploitation film from the early 1930s - complete with wild parties, sex out of wedlock, lesbianism, etc. A chorus girl's exposure to the "casting couch" also exposes her to syphilis.

You should also know that this was made by the same people who brought us Reefer Madness. Like I said, I haven't watched it yet, but according to my math: Lesbianism + Syphilis + The Geniuses Behind The Best Movie Ever Made= Solid Gold Entertainment.