Wednesday, September 06, 2006

AFI=Ass-Faced Idiots

The American Film Institute, compilers of the most boring lists in the known universe, have recently crafted their picks for the top 25 musicals from the last 100 years.
http://www.afi.com/tvevents/100years/musicals.aspx

Let's take a look at their top 10 oh-so-earth shattering selections:

1. Singin' in the Rain

2. West Side Story

3. The Wizard of Oz

4. The Sound of Music

5. Cabaret

6. Mary Poppins

7. A Star is Born

8. My Fair Lady

9. An American in Paris

10. Meet Me in St. Louis

Fine. I enjoy an old musical now and then, usually when I'm depressed and it's winter and rainy outside (Specific? Yes), but I can honestly say that no force on this earth could ever make me watch Chicago(12) again. It does not deserve to be on a list, not only with, but right next to The King and I (11)(I LOVE that movie, I cry EVERY SINGLE TIME).

My main problem with this list, is that there is no trace of this anywhere in the 25:






Grow some stones, AFI.