Saturday, October 28, 2006

Spooky Saturday

Y'all are getting two movies today in honor of Halloween. Isn't that cool? Yeah, jack. (you will also get one tomorrow in honor of Harper's birthday-she doesn't know what I'm gonna post. Shhh)

Your first flick is called Within the Woods. Now, it's only about 30 minutes long, so technically I'm not posting 2 whole movies, more like a movie and a short. WtW holds a special place in my heart, as it was the prototype for the Evil Dead movies. I might have said this before, but I LOVE the Evil Dead movies, and I also love Bruce Campbell and Sam Raimi. You want to bring out my raving inner geek, bring up Bruce and Sam around me-I'll go into the nerdiest, longest-winded shpiel you've ever heard. (I'm trying to contain myself right now, and let me tell ya, it's hard)

The quality of this clip isn't too clear, because it's ripped from one of the few remaining VHS copies of the original super-8 film, hence why it looks like a snuff film, so you've been warned. The copy I have here at home looks the same way (Mine's a LITTLE bit clearer, not much). Yes, I have a copy of this-did I not make myself clear earlier about worshipping E.D., Bruce and Sam??

Your second film was specially requested by Mrs. Mellberg: Carnival of Souls, as directed by Herk Harvey (I like saying 'Herk Harvey'. HERRRRRRKKKK!). I really need to watch this movie again, because I haven't seen it but once, and that was a long time ago, so therefore I can't say much about it. In fact, I'm done with this post now. What? You want me to bring down a curtain? LEAVE ME ALONE!