Wednesday, October 11, 2006

After This, I Promise to Stop With the Birthday Posts, I Swear.

Some guy named Michael J. Nelson turned 42 today. Supposedly, he used to write for and later starred in some tv show back in the 90s-Mystery Science Theater 3000. I, of course, have no firsthand knowledge of the existence of such a program, so I can't verify that, but that's what I've heard. It's not like I can quote a ridiculous number of his lines, and I most CERTAINLY never had a gigantic poster of him and his robot friends on my wall when I was 18 years old. I also don't think his dimples are absolutely adorable. Nope.

Apparently, nowadays he does commentary on special DVD editions of classic B-movies, and allegedly, there's a website where you can download commentaries he's done for a few more recent films. I think it's called Rifftrax or something, I'm not sure. Also, the word on the street is he's written a few books-that might be true, I dunno.

I hope he had a nice birthday, whoever he is. Oh, BTW: These clips of that show he was on could be entertaining, I have no idea. I myself, cannot sing the 10th season theme song at the drop of a hat (for the record, I also don't know the varying theme songs from the other seasons), and this short, A Case of Spring Fever-it might be somewhat amusing, who knows? It's not like I've laughed my ass off at it eleventy billion times, and I can't quote it or anything ("I own your ass, fat boy! Get back here!" "Rip, tear, expose, horrify friends" "You spring loving bastard"), and anyone who says I can is a filthy, lowdown liar.