Monday, October 23, 2006

Harper's Bizarre


I haven't gotten lazy. I realize that my last few posts have been pretty much nothing but music and video clips, but I have NOT gotten lazy. That would imply that I wasn't lazy to begin with (Ba-dum-bum!). Seriously, yesterday, I was too busy wrasslin' with the nefarious monster known as Beta Blogger to post anything more substantial (since I got Haloscan running again, and my title pic up, I now hate BB %86 less than I did yesterday). Plus, at the end of last week, I had some trouble at home: Harper got into a bit of a scuffle. No, 'scuffle' isn't the appropriate word: some 10 year old bastard bully boy next door tried to beat the snot out of her ( I'm still hating him at %120 capacity-I don't care if he is 10).

What's my excuse today? Well, Harper is at home, sick, with strep throat, AND I had absolutely NO sleep last night-none, nada. So, you combine all of that-the stress from last week, the nightmare that is BB, my sick baby, and the no sleep, and you do not get a nice picture. I'm loopy at this point. If I posted anything more than this, it would descend into mad gibberish, like repeatedly typing "No TV and no beer make Jamie something-something"-No one wants that.

I wouldn't post anything AT ALL, but Harper has recently discovered the Beatles. She heard this song for the first time the other night, and she just sat there, perfectly still, with a very serious look on her face while she listened to it. Then, she asked to hear it again. Also, with everything that's transpired in the last few days, it's almost rather fitting. So, I am posting this song, and dedicating it to my Sweetie Pea.