Monday, August 28, 2006

"Movie Dicks"

If there's anything I love as much as a list, it's a mindless pop-culture poll. Of course, if I was naming my own most hated film assholes, it would probably be a toss-up between Biff Tannen in the Back to the Future series and Frank Burns in the film version of MASH. Now that I think about it, I could list characters I hate all day and never run out of names. True, Billy Zabka WAS a massive jerk in the Karate Kid, just not one I would probably would have come up with. BTW: Whatever happened to Billy Zabka? Is Billy Zabka still working? Is it possible for me to get tired of saying the name "Zabka"? I really don't think so..

KARATE KID bully BILLY ZABKA has topped a poll of 'movie dicks' in a new GQ magazine survey. The champion wrestler played blond JOHNNY LAWRENCE in the cult 1984 martial arts movie, and has beaten out WEDDING CRASHERS' jock ZACHARY LODGE and NATIONAL LAMPOON'S ANIMAL HOUSE character GREG MARMALADE to top the GQ poll. The top five movie dicks are: 1. BILLY ZABKA as JOHNNY LAWRENCE in THE KARATE KID 2. BRADLEY COOPER as ZACHARY LODGE in WEDDING CRASHERS 3. JAMES DAUGHTON as GREG MARMALADE in NATIONAL LAMPOON'S ANIMAL HOUSE 4. ERIQ LA SALLE as DARRYL JENKS in COMING TO AMERICA 5. ROBERT PRESCOTT as COLE WHITTIER in BACHELOR PARTY.
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/karate%20kid%20bully%20tops%20movie%20dicks%20poll_1005984