Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Kevin ♥


I have quirky taste in men. I have for a long time. As a teen, when I told my friends who my current crush was, it would ellicit a chorus of "Ew!"s and "You're weird!"s. When they would talk about whoever it was that got them worked up, I would sit and smugly smile, comforted in the knowledge that I was deeper and too complex to fall under the thrall of the cookie-cutter boy dujour. Admittedly, I sometimes still think that, but as I've gotten older I've realized that "You're weird" was (and is) probably a pretty accurate assessment of me.
After a recent conversation, a decade-old crush has been re-ignited (I had no idea I was so suggestible). I don't know what it is about Kevin Spacey. The man just does something to me. Partly, it's his voice: it makes me NUTS. Or, it could be the fact that he plays such a great villain: to me, there's just something sexy about evil (on screen at least. In reality, I try to avoid it like the plague). I don't even care about the rumors. Hell, it's not like I'm ever going to meet him and be let down because I don't possess the right equipment.
At any rate, I can pinpoint the EXACT moment when I fell for him. It falls at the 4:28 mark in this clip. If you haven't ever seen the Usual Suspects, I suggest 2 things. 1st, don't watch the clip, obviously. 2nd, get up from your desk, get in your car and go to the video store and rent it. RIGHT NOW. I don't care if you're at work. Do it!

(PS-I'm aware of the fact that there's a picture of him not 3 posts down. That post wasn't technically about him, so it doesn't count. It's my blog and I'll do what I want. So there.)