Saturday, June 14, 2008

Let Her Go, You Bitch!

Today's movie is:



1986's 'Aliens'

Starring: Sigourney Weaver, Michael Biehn, Lance Henriksen, Carrie Henn, Paul Reiser and Bill Paxton. Directed by James Cameron.

Genre: Science Fiction/Horror

Plot: Most awesome woman ever is unceremoniously awakened from an awesome space nap by that twatty guy from Mad About You. Takes yet another space nap. When she wakes up from THAT nap, she's forced to protect a bunch of space marines, a rare non-annoying film kid and Bishop, the universe's most awesome android (with apologies to Lt. Commander Data) from ugly-ass space boogermonsters.

What I remember: I really don't have any 80s-related memories attached to this. It's just that it's my favorite science fiction film of all time and it was made during the decade in question, so in it goes.

I like pretty much everything about this movie, but if I were forced to choose my 3 favorite things about Aliens, I'd go with Bill Paxton's "GAME OVER!" freak out; the big climactic battle with the alien and Ripley when she's in that exo suit thingamadoo; and This right here. Goddamn, I love Lance Henriksen.

Where are they now?: Welp...

Sigourney Weaver is still being all Sigourney Weaver-ish, although if you ask me, I don't think 'Baby Mama' is an appropriate use of her talents.

Michael Biehn and Lance Henriksen seem to have been relegated to the B-movie shelves, which makes me kinda sad. Not too sad though, because between the 2 of them, they've got like 15 movies in post-production. Also, Michael Biehn is a sexy, sexy man.

Paul Reiser seems to be sticking to the writer/producer thing these days.

Bill Paxton has come a relatively long way since appearing as a huge turd in 'Weird Science'. Now he's mainly a metaphorical turd on 'Big Love'. Good show, BTW.

Carrie Henn, who played little Newt, quit acting after her role in Aliens, and is now a school teacher. This is what she looks like now.

You can snag a copy Here.