Friday, August 03, 2007

Visions of the Mekong Delta Flash Before Johnny's Eyes

My week has been not so good (I don't wanna go into it). But it's almost over, that's the important thing, and tomorrow, hopefully will make up for the last several days. You see, every year our town hosts a carnival of sorts, and those seedy people set up camp yesterday. Tomorrow night, I plan to eat oodles of questionable food, waste money on rigged games, avoid the leers of dirty, filthy carnies, and barf my guts out while riding the Zipper.

My official stance is that I'm going because Harper wants to go, and while this is partly true, the fact of the matter is, I'm mainly going because I want to. I can play up my sophistication and sharp intellect (what?) til the cows come home, but when you get right down to it, I'm just easily entertained white trash. I'm ok with that.

In addition to being a simple-minded hick, I'm also a weak and frail woman, so I'll be using the rest of the weekend to recover (mainly recovering from the prior week's events, not so much the carnival), so I thought I'd toss up a little video. Now, I thought and thought about what to post that would fit in with my carnival shenanigans: possibly an episode of the wonderful tv series 'Carnivale', which was unceremoniously canceled by those dicks at HBO. Or perhaps 'The Funhouse', the Tobe Hooper horror movie that scared the living daylights out of me when I was a kid.

No.

I ended up deciding on an MST3k short, 'Johnny at the Fair'. A fair isn't the same as a carnival; it's bigger and there are usually more farm animals (not taking into account anything that the carnies might be into. I kid the carnies. Those dirty, filthy carnies), but it's close enough. I had doubts about posting an MST short, because I didn't want to rip Jenner off, but she generally sticks to the Mike shorts, while I'm more of a Joel gal (because he's better. Doy.)

So, I will return on monday (maybe sunday, it all depends), probably with a long-winded post complaining about how the PC police have ruined carnivals by making them get rid of the sideshow freaks.


God, how I miss the freaks. Damn, maybe I should have posted the movie 'Freaks' instead. Or 'Freaked' with Alex Winter. Whatever happened to that guy anyway? Shit, now I gotta go Google....