Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Yeah, it's PRINCE'S Fault

The Federal Communications Commission has received bizarre complaints about Prince’s Super Bowl half-time performance.
Official moans and groans received by the FCC, following the televised spectacular last month, include one from a man who claimed the performance left him with erectile dysfunction.
Another woman complained she feared Prince's performance would turn her son gay.
The pop superstar made headlines for a naughty guitar pose he made behind a huge sheet towards the end of his 15-minute performance.


First of all, let me say that obviously, someone is screwing with the FCC. I refuse to let myself believe that someone could make an accusation THAT stupid. I realize that there ARE some folks out there that are, in fact, unapologetically ignorant, and their ignorance is usually compounded by some archaic religious beliefs. Throw in the occasional appearance by the"PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY?! OH NOES!!11eleventy!" crowd, and you've got a lot of idgits running around freely out there, but for the sake of my sanity, let's look at this as though some bored people are having a bit of fun at the expense of the Federal Communications Commission.

Out of a morbid sense of curiousity, I did some poking around on the internets, and I found a whole slew of letters to the FCC, that, if you wanna take them at face value, would lead one to believe that both Prince and the good people who make Snickers are going straight to hell (and we all know that the candy makers of the world have already established their place in heaven, so that's a load of horseshit.) If you want to have yourself a little chuckle/cringe, check them out Here.

You all read that, and I'm gonna go grab something to eat, because my appetite's a-pokin' at me, pokin' at me...Hmm..


Starpulse