Tuesday, June 20, 2006



Keeping with my prefered subjects of lists and bad films, I'm posting this link to a *Drumroll* List of bad movies! This list is kind of old, and I have a problem with some of their picks, for a couple of reasons:
Some of the movies on there are not the worst by far. (the first Texas Chainsaw Massacre is an American classic, thankyouverymuch) and I think they included some others for the sheer reason it has become cool not to like certain blockbuster movies.
Some of their choices are just too obvious (Plan 9 has been beaten like a dead horse when it comes to bad film choices, and it seems kind of lazy to add it at this point. I'm not saying it isn't bad, it is GLORIOUSLY awful, but, God people, at least TRY to come up with something different).
There are a slew of lesser- known films out there that are worse than most of what they came up with here (I say "most", not all-Manos: the Hands of Fate got a mention) . They also seem to be biased toward the last 25 years of movies, and neglect some of the straight-up shit that flooded the cinema in the 60s and 70s and earlier decades. Did any of these people ever see I Spit on Your Grave?
I guess the only reason I'm posting it, is because it was the only large list of it's kind I could find.

Hell, maybe I should make my own list.

http://www.thestinkers.com/100stinkers.html