Monday, November 27, 2006

List Learnin'

There are three reasons why I'm posting this:

1. It's been awhile since I've posted a list, and I'm getting antsy.

2. After I talked about all the many and varied things I learned in 8th grade history, I came across this list of the ten best teachers in the movies on This Site, and I thought after I posted about teachers and movies the other day that was rather strange, so I took it as some sort of sign.

3. I will do anything I have to do to get that last post further down on the page.

I guess it's an okay list, but of course, I found fault in it, mainly because it doesn't have this Guy on it (and I say that without a trace of irony: I. Loved. That. Movie.) It's weird how specific some of these lists are. I'm sure if I looked hard enough, I could find a list of the 10 best movies that feature left-handed guys with blonde hair, that also wear glasses and chew bubble gum. I'm afraid to check....

1. Georges Lopez (To Be and To Have)

2. Jaime Escalante (Stand and Deliver) Edward James Olmos

3. John Keating (Dead Poets Society) Robin Williams

4. Mark Thackeray (To Sir, With Love) Sidney Poitier

5. Mr. Hand (Fast Times at Ridgemont High) Ray Walston

6. Glenn Holland (Mr. Holland's Opus) Richard Dreyfuss

7. Dave Jennings (Animal House) Donald Sutherland

8. Miss Shields (A Christmas Story)

9. Mr. Chips (Goodbye, Mr. Chips) Robert Donat

10. Terry Corrigan (Class of 1984) Roddy McDowall


Film Critic