Sunday, September 02, 2007

I Get Mist-y

It dawned on me the other day that I haven't posted hardly anything in awhile that wasn't music or a video of some kind. I've just been busy lately, and when I do have time to post, I don't feel like putting much thought into it.

Today isn't ANY different.

Awhile back, I read that Frank Darabont was going to adapt the Stephen King short story, The Mist, into a big-deal Hollywood movie. I was kind of excited about this because : A) I'm a goofy movie nerd; B) Darabont has done pretty well with King adaptations before (Shawshank, The Green Mile), and: C) The Mist is my absolute favorite King story (not my favorite NOVEL: that honor goes to the Shining. That book scared the piss out of me, of course I was 11 when I read it.) I love any story about a diverse group of people, trapped together in a confined setting, uniting against an unspeakable horror-it gives me a happy.

Well, yesterday I saw the trailer for the movie, and I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's always nice to see Marcia Gay Harden and Andre Braugher in anything, but I'm a bit troubled by the presence of Thomas Jane. I saw him in the trailer and had a horrible Dreamcatcher flashback (that movie was so bad, it gave me PTSD.) Come to think of it, I honestly don't think I've EVER seen a movie that starred Thomas Jane that didn't suck fuzzy monkey balls. I don't have anything against the guy personally, but yeah, his movies are not so good.

Maybe it's just me, though. Maybe I like The Mist too much as a short story to be objective enough. Someone else watch the trailer and tell me what you think.