Tuesday, October 09, 2007

We All Shine On

My dog Pepper got loose earlier and I had to run all over the neighborhood to catch her. Ergo, I'm tired and I've picked kind of an easy movie today so I won't have to tax myself any further. Tired, and very, very achy. Arms kinda hurt, got this thing with my neck-- I'll be alright, don't worry about me any...

If anyone stops by the blog and is wondering what the eff is up with all the movie posts, click Here.

Now...Today's movie is:



1980's The Shining

Who it is: Jack Nicholson, Shelley Duvall, Danny Lloyd and Scatman Crothers. Directed by Stanley Kubrick.

What it be: A family heads to an isolated hotel for the winter where an evil and spiritual presence influences the father into violence, while his psychic son sees horrific forebodings from the past and of the future.

Type of horror: Psychological/ supernatural

Good? Bad? Or mediocre?: Damn near perfect.

But what if I don't like scary movies?: Then stay far away. Between the big, spooky, isolated hotel, drunken crazy Jack, blood gushing out of the elevators, yicky bathtub lady in room 237, those damn twins and whatever the hell This is, there's enough in this movie to send someone with a weak constitution into the nut house.

Highlights: I wouldn't know where to begin. But when I think of this movie, the thing that always stands out for me isn't all the creepy stuff I mentioned above, it's the fact that it's one of the most gorgeous and well-shot movies I've ever seen. Yes, I'm the nerd that notices shit like cinematography. Seriously though, pay attention next time you watch it-it's breathtaking.

Where?: There.

Just for kicks, do you wanna see something funny?: "Don't mind if I do!"