Sunday, October 14, 2007

I'm a Little Too Old to be Playing "Hardy Boys Meet Reverend Werewolf"

Quick one today:



1985's Silver Bullet

Starring: Gary Busey, Everett McGill, Corey Haim, Megan Follows and Terry O'Quinn

Plotzakhstan: A young paraplegic boy, his sister and his uncle hunt down a werewolf that is terrorizing their small town.

Type of horror movie: Werewolf


Which is absolutely fascinating, BTW.

Love, hate, tolerate?: There's one thing about this movie that makes me completely love it (more on that in a second.) Aside from THAT, it's merely an okay movie, but the thing I'm gonna mention puts it over the top.

Skurry?: I say no, but werewolf movies don't bother me very much on the whole as it is. It's a big doggy-who cares?

Highlights: I remember seeing this movie as a kid and thinking how cool it would be to have a cranky, funny uncle like Gary Busey (his character in the movie, not the real one-even as a youngster I knew crazy when I saw it.) It's been over 20 years since I first saw this movie and I still feel that way. He builds a souped-up wheelchair for his crippled nephew (can we still call them crippled? I forget), helps him chase down a werewolf, and does it all through a major alcoholic haze. He's the shizznit, fo' real. Yo.

Do you want it?: Go fetch