Sunday, October 07, 2007

It's Only a Movie...

Today's movie is:



1972's Last House on the Left

With: Sandra Cassel, Lucy Grantham, and David Hess. Directed by Wes Craven

Plotzky: After kidnapping and butchering two teenagers, a gang of rapists and murderers unknowingly seeks refuge with the parents of one of the victims.

Type of horror:

  • Exploitation

  • Was it good for you?: Gonna have to say no, Bob.

    Was it scary?: Hmmm. When something in a movie scares me, I enjoy it-my heart rate speeds up, I get a vicarious surge of adrenaline-it's fun. When I watched LHotL, I just got this hollow feeling in my stomach and I got really sad afterwards-kinda like how I felt when I watched Requiem for a Dream. This movie is really bleak and disturbing, so I guess it is scary in that it makes you afraid for humanity.

    Highlights: I guess I can be nice and give a shout-out to chainsaw dad, otherwise I'm drawing a blank.

    Yeah, well, what if I still want to see it?:
  • Have at it

  •