Saturday, September 16, 2006

This is What Happens When I'm Bored and Sick

I am having a crappy saturday. Come to think of it, my last 3 saturdays have all been rather lacking, but today, I feel especially lousy, and to top it off, I'm pretty sure there's a bowling ball lodged in my cranium. I won't even mention what's going on in my intestines...

So anyway, I saw on Whedonesque where Joss Whedon, creator of my 3 most beloved shows ever, posted a list of his 25 favorite tv characters. Like I said, I'm sick, and above all BORED, so I'm taking a page from his book and doing the same. Except not 25, more like 15 or so. Unlike Mr. Whedon, I have to include at least ONE of his characters. I HAVE to, but I'm not listing all of my favorite people from his shows, because then the list would end up comprised of only BtVS, Angel and Firefly characters.

I'll tell ya, looking over this list was kind of like a bizarre glimpse into my psyche. I'm a little surprised, and also, I watched way too much television when I was growing up.


These are in no particular order, and in some cases, I'm not adding anything to the names, because for a few of these, I don't know why I like the character, I just DO.


  • Allen Francis Doyle-Angel. (Get this one out of the way first)
  • Kitty Russell-Gunsmoke. I don't like westerns, usually, but I liked Gunsmoke, and Kitty. She was neither a schoolmarm, nor a whore, nor a farm wife. She was a self-assured woman with her own business, and she didn't take any shit, but she wasn't a bitch either.
  • Lorelei Gimore-Gilmore Girls. Her parenting style is the only one on tv that I can relate to. Because of that, I can almost forgive her for jerking Luke around so much.
  • Lucille Bluth-Arrested Development. It was a tie between her and Gob, but he lost points because of the magic tricks.
  • Christian Troy-Nip/Tuck. Sexy, sexy, sexy bastard.
  • Justin Crowe-Carnivale. Creepy, creepy, creepy bastard.
  • Carl Kolchak-The Night Stalker. The Darren McGavin one, not that wussy guy that boinks Charlize Theron.
  • Mandy-The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy.
  • House!
  • Crow T. Robot-Mystery Science Theater 3000. Best. Puppet. Ever
  • Agent Dale Cooper-Twin Peaks. Way cooler than Mulder.
  • Mel Profitt-Wiseguy. Kevin Spacey. That is all.
  • Columbo. Yes, I like Columbo-what of it?
  • Dorothy Zbornak-Golden Girls. Me in about 30 years.
  • Leland Stottlemeyer-Monk. He's just cool, plus bonus points for making me get over: "It puts the lotion on it's skin"
  • Lisa Simpson-The Simpsons. Runners-up: Patty and Selma.

I have to go take a nap now. And vomit.

(Edit-I wasn't going to go back and add any more, but I thought of this one, and I had to, I absolutely HAD to put it on here: Lucas Buck-American Gothic. Mmmm, evily goodness....)

(2nd Edit: Darlene Connor-Roseanne. Thanks to Jenner for reminding me.)