Saturday, September 15, 2007

Mighty Little Man

About a month ago, I acquired another dog (for those of you keeping score at home, the TDYL Pet Tally now stands at 5.) His name is Patches (aka Patch, aka, Patchouli, aka Padamamie, aka Pothead, aka Patrick Star, aka Petra Haden...In case you were wondering, I HATE the name Patches) and he's a Jack Russell mix. He's about 3 months old, and he's quite the feisty little beast.

The first week that we had him, he attempted to make friends with Lily and Pepper and they, being the brave souls that they are, would jump on the couch and cower, just out of his reach. As you'll see, he's quite a vicious looking character. However as time has passed, the girls have become accustomed to his frightful visage and they've all decided to try and live together in harmony, I guess for my sake.

As for just HOW well they get along, Pepper does her best to put up with him, and will even play with him if the mood strikes her, which is exceedingly rare these days. At the ripe old age of 4 1/2 years old, Pepper is getting to be a cranky old bitch (and yet she's still my favorite, I wonder why). She's also become camera-shy for some reason, so she does not make an appearance in these photos.


Lily on the other hand has taken to Patches quite swimmingly and has assumed a bit of a maternal role in addition to being his bestest buddy-it's all really very sweet if you're into that kind of thing.

As for Patches himself, he's pretty well-behaved for a puppy, especially a male puppy. He doesn't chew very much and he's picking up the house training thing rather quickly, I guess because he goes out with the other dogs. He's kinda hyper, and when he's hungry, he drags his food dish into the middle of the floor so that I'll trip over it and feed his little fat ass. He also likes to sleep next to my head, and when you talk to him in the right tone of voice, he'll back-sass you. Oh, and he likes to chase and kill crickets and if you scratch him on the back just right, he does this full-body shiver thing-I swear, it's fucking precious...

So, I kinda like him, I guess. Just a little. Yeah.