Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan-"Revolver"


As this is my first post-Christmas post, I thought I would take this time to point out 8 things that I learned over the holidays this year.

1. When together, my brother and father cannot go more than 5 minutes without talking about the Dallas Cowboys.

2. If I give it too much thought, a gift as innocuous and cheap as 2 boxes of chocolate covered cherries can make me cry.

3. The average adult female can only watch the Suite Life of Zack and Cody Christmas episode 4 times before lashing out at her loved ones.

4. I will constantly bitch about the fact that they show a Christmas Story non-stop on tv, but eventually, I will end up watching it at least once.

5. Every single time I watch the aforementioned film, when the Bumpass hounds swipe the turkey and Darren McGavin yells "Sons of bitches!" out the back door, I produce a sound that I am pretty sure has never been made by any other human being.

6. My mom is the most awesome person that ever lived. (I already knew that, but it bears repeating.)

7. When it is placed on your foot, the Fureal Friends Butterscotch Pony weighs about as much as a real, adult horse.

8. I don't care what anyone says, if a person wants something badly enough, an innanimate object CAN make them happy.