Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Harper's Bizarre

I haven't posted a Harper-centric music post in a few weeks, but it's not because she's gotten lax in her listening habits-oh no, no, no. See, about two weeks ago, she found a CD in her room that she forgot she had, and she listened to it CONSTANTLY for awhile. What's the song on this CD that she loves oh-so-very much? Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer.

I have posted some terrible things on this blog-that photo of those 3 whores probably being the worst of it-but I draw the line at the most evil of songs. I am many things, but overly cruel I am not. Besides, posting it would mean that I would have to check and make sure that the song worked, which means I would have to hear at least part of it, and there is no way in hell I would voluntarily do that. As a matter of fact, I've been making her listen to it with the headphones on to protect my ears. So, you can rest easy.

Anyway, she finally decided to move on, and is currently under the thrall of the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack. Before you ask, Yes, I do own the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack: I have a healthy appreciation for almost all genres of music (not ALL, though. There are some things I flat-out refuse to listen to. But that's a whole other post), and I've tried to pass that on to my offspring. Unfortunately, that's probably what led her to listen to that damn Grandma song for 11 days straight, but you have to take the good with the bad, I guess. Variety: it's the spice-and poison-of life.






And just because I feel like it, here's MY favorite song off the same CD. I have no idea why I like this song, but I do-accept it, and move on.