Thursday, July 12, 2007

Tagger, Please

It's a fact...

I've been tagged by two people: Bonnie Blue and Alonzo Mosley, and since I'm awake, I figured I could go ahead and get this out of the way. These are the rules:

1. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.

Now, I'm not going to be tagging anyone, because everyone I have internet contact with has already done it, or has been tagged by someone else. I'm not entirely sure I can come up with 8 things about myself because I've pretty much covered eveything already. But I'll give it a go...

1. I like westerns. I hated them the entire time I was growing up, then when I was in my 20s, I finally sat down and gave one a fair shot, and that was it. This is not to say that I haven't seen some crappy ones, it's just that now I won't write a film off just because it features an abundance of horses. The best western (har) I've ever seen: The Searchers

2. I used to collect candles, but I quit. Still, people buy them for me as gifts so I either use them or put them in storage where they end up melting 9 times out of 10. If your electricity goes out, come to my house: I'll hook you up.

3. I like old folks. If given the choice to be around kids, people my own age, or the elderly, I'll pick the elderly. Which is strange because...

4. When I was a kid, my mom worked at a nursing home, and I pretty much grew up there (there, and the sheriff's office:my dad was a deputy.) There was one woman, Mrs. Potts, who scared the bejesus out of me. She was a harmless oldster in hindsight, she couldn't talk and according to my mom, she used to be a teacher and loved kids. But she freaked me out. She was always coming at me with this huge, rictus-like smile on her face, saying nary a word. Usually I'd manage to flee from her clutches, but one day she was too quick for me. She grabbed my arm and proceeded to march me towards her room. I pitched the biggest FIT in the history of the known universe-screaming, crying, carrying on- which was completely out of character for me, because even as a kid, I was really polite and quiet. Fortunately, my mom swooped in and saved me from whatever horror awaited me (probably some of that hard ribbon candy. You know the kind, where you take one and the whole thing is attached to it in some mutant candy wad.) Of course I feel kind of guilty about it now, making such a huge spectacle when the old bird didn't mean me any harm. But whaddya want, I was 4.

5. Giraffes creep me out. Google Locusta the Poisoner if you want to know why.

6. I'm a pretty decent volleyball player. Haven't touched (flushed) a ball in years, but I'd be willing to wager that my serve is still perfect.

7. I've never outgrown liking really bright, garish neon colors. Same goes for anything with glitter and/or sequins. If it's neon AND glittery, it acquires 'sacred treasure' status (see: fluorescent green sparkly sunglasses I've had since the 4th grade.)

8. I can't think of anything else, so I'm just going to say that I am presently watching a rerun of Designing Women.

It's a fact!