Sunday, June 04, 2006


I know I'm about 2 years late on this, but on sundays, I like to park my arse in the world's most comfortable chair, and watch the tv. Through the magic of digital cable, I can watch damn near anything, mainly stuff I missed the first time around.

So, today I watched Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story. For those that missed it the first time around, Dodgeball centers on Joe(Vince Vaughn, who is growing on me, DAMMIT!), the owner of a down and out gym whose clients are, quite possibly, the biggest dorks I've ever seen-My fave being Steve, the guy that thinks he's a pirate.
Joe's gym is in the process of being bought out by White Goodman(Ben Stiller), a former fig bucker, who has replaced being a huge lard ass, with just being an out and out asshole.

Joe and his band of merry losers decide to enter the as Vegas dodgeball championship to win the prize of $50,000. They enlist as their coach Patches O'Houlihan (Rip Torn, a local hero in my neck of the wood, who had me in laughing fits, and subsequently coughing and crying fits).

Dodgeball is mainly sex and scatological humor, but hell, I like that now and again. God help me, I normally despise Christine Taylor, but I even liked HER in this. 2 things to watch out for: Check out the coach of the German team, and, for the love of GOD, watch it until the credits are over: You won't be dissapointed, Promise.